Is Kung Fu Right for Your Child?
In Category maidstone kung fu training
Maidstone Kung Fu is available for your whole family, but one of the most common questions that arise is whether Kung Fu is right for your child. So let’s explore that a little further, and look at the benefits Kung Fu can offer your child.
Kung Fu will bring balance to a child’s mind, body, and spirit. Life is stressful, even for our children. There are increasing demands placed on them. As a result, children need to learn how to relax, focus, and concentrate. Maidstone Kung Fu can help kids develop these skills, while at the same time developing skills for self defence, and building their self confidence.
Other benefits your child will experience include:
- Relaxation – Warm up exercises and breathing exercises are an integral part of Kung Fu. Through these, your child will learn to relax, breathe, focus, and concentrate on whatever the task at hand might be. This can help them in all aspects of their life.
- Meditation – Used to clear the mind and bring the energy into the centre of the body. It helps to relieve stress and tension, as well as build inner strength.
- Discipline – Your child will learn to express their energy in a controlled way. They will learn how to channel their energy in a positive way.
- Respect – Children are taught respect for each other, their instructors, their parents, and for all things living.
- Listening – Listening is an important skill in all walks of life, and it is vital to being successful in Kung Fu. Children are trained to listen for the directions and commands provided by the instructor, and then to follow those instructions quickly and effectively. This skill can benefit your child in all areas of their life.
- Self Confidence – It’s common for children to lack self confidence. Through their lessons and the building of skills, you will find your child’s self confidence grow and flourish. This is a wonderful thing to see. Suddenly your child is interacting with his/her peers with confidence, and you will often see improvements in their behaviour at home and at school.
- Become Fit – If your child is overweight, he/she is not alone. The majority of children today are. Kung fu is an excellent way to become fit, lose extra weight, build muscle, and lead a healthier life.
- Self Defence – Building the skills to be able to protect oneself is important throughout life, and are especially important to children.
There are many benefits to Kung Fu for your child. We’ve touched on just a few of those benefits. Our Maidstone Kung Fu classes are available for children of all ages. Why not find out how Maidstone Kung Fu can help your child.