Kung Fu Exercises to Help You Lose Weight
In Category kung fu weight loss
Weight loss is a natural result of Kung Fu exercises. The martial arts of today are derived from Kung Fu dating back to 527 A.D. in China. Weight reduction is a natural occurrence of martial arts training. Maidstone Kung Fu encompasses a number of different exercises, all of which use significant energy.
The degree of calories burned, and subsequent weight loss will depend on the level of practice and degree of experience. Kung Fu begins with static exercises, or stances like the ‘Horse Stance,’ and will transition into a combination of static exercises and active exercises like punching. Let’s look at some Maidstone Kung Fu exercises.
Kung Fu Punching Exercises
- Start with a modified Horse Stance. Place the legs less than 2 shoulder widths apart, keep your back straight and your feet straight forward. Now squat like you are sitting in a chair.
- Now place your fists (palms down) facing upwards, and bring your arms upward so that your fist stay a few inches below your armpit. Make sure that you keep your elbows and forearm tight against your body, and parallel to the floor.
- Now throw your first punch by thrusting your right arm forward while at the same time twisting your palm 180 degrees so your arm is fully extended with your palms facing down.
- Now you need to apply the maximum amount of force during the last three to four inches of your punch. Repeat this process with the left hand. Do this 30-40 times.
In Motion Punching
- While alternating punches you need to march forward using what’s called a modified Bow Stance.
- The front foot should be pointing slightly inward while the rear foot should be slightly outward at close to a 45 degree angle. Your rear foot will be extended and bend your knee on the front foot.
- While you are punching, you should be advancing. Remember you need to maintain your modified Bow Stance. Increase your marching speed if you want to burn more calories. This will increase your weight loss.
The basic Kung Fu punch is known as the Straight Fist. Your final posture for the punch is with your palm facing down. It uses your first and second knuckles as to the striking surface. Over time, you should be able to throw you punches faster. It is important that your punches are precise and straight. Watch as you tire because your arm can drift up or down. Punch really fast and hard. This motion can be very tiring. Make sure you drink lots of water. Slow down and if you are dizzy stop.
Maidstone Kung Fu can help you lose those extra pounds in a healthy, interesting way. Why not give it a try?
Leave a Reply